What is a ceramic pellet lighter?
The SELFA igniter is a Polish product. It does not come from the Far East like most devices of this type. It is an element made of solid materials and meets the stringent requirements set by the manufacturers of pellet boilers.
It is used in boilers and burners by such companies as KONSTAL Pleszew and
– Kipi pellet burners,
– in DEFRO pellet boilers, i.e. Bio Slim, Eko Slim, Delta Ekopell, Sigma Ekopell, Smart Ekopell, Alfa, Spectra
Technological benefits of using a ceramic igniter:
- Durable (non-wearing)
- Ignition time 60~90 seconds
- Tested for 100,000 ignition cycles, used for 15 years on the Japanese market
- Easy to install; they are also suitable for retrofitting existing installations
- Fits any steel pipe with ID >18mm
- Continuous working temperature: 1000°C
- They do not overheat even in the event of a blower failure
- 120V / 220 / 240VAC versions available
- Fully insulated connections and shielded contacts
- UL/EC certified wiring (cable resistant to temperatures of 200-500°C)
- Resistant to oxidation and corrosion
- Ignites wood chips, logs, coal briquettes and other types of biomass such as cereals, etc.
- Compliant with the requirements of the RoHS directive and the REACH regulation on hazardous substances
- Power / Voltage
- 300W /230V
- max. continuous operation temperature
- 1000°C (short-term: 1100°C)
- Ignition time 60 seconds (depending on the position of the heater in the furnace)